Manual breast pumps were the first ones to be invented to allow a mother to siphon their breast milk and store it for their baby to drink at a later time. Manual pumps have been in use by many individuals who cannot afford to buy automatic breast pumps.
Advantages of manual breast pump over automated breast pumps
Manual breast pumps have some benefits that cannot be enjoyed when using automated breast pumps such as:
- It does not require a power source – A unique advantage of a manual breast pump over an automated breast pump is that it does not require a source of power to operate. It relies on human hands to operate it. This makes it reliable in situations where there is no power.
- It is affordable – Manual breast pumps are cheaper when compared to automated breast pumps which are quite expensive. Besides, there are no electric bills incurred with manual breast pumps as contrasted to automated breast pumps.
- You are in full control of the process – With manual breast pumps, you have full control of the whole process. You can decide when to stop, or when to go slow depending on how you are feeling at the moment. Automated breast pumps work consistently and cannot reason on when to stop or to go slow unless you switch it off.
- Simple to use – Manual breast pumps are very easy to set up and the whole process of siphoning milk is simple. The process can be completed in just a few minutes and it depends on the urgency of the process.
- Can be used as a backup – Manual breast pumps are excellent backups for automated breast pumps. They can be used on an occasion where there is a blackout and there is no source of power. It also becomes handy when travelling to a remote place where there is no electricity.
- It can be used anytime and anywhere – Manual breast pumps can be carried around and used at any place because it does not rely on any source of power to operate. You can even carry it on a vacation holiday or an adventure.
Qualities of an excellent manual breast pump
The following elements should guide you to find a good manual breast pump that will be reliable.
- Warranty – If you wish to buy a manual breast pump, ensure that you go for one that has a good warranty so that in case it stops functioning within a certain period, you can get a replacement for free.
- Check all of the parts for any issue before purchase – You must thoroughly screen all parts of the manual breast pump to ensure that they are all in the conditions before you purchase it.
- Find a reputable company – There is a high chance that you will get a high-quality breast pump if you choose from a reputable vendor. Such vendors are usually keen on meeting their clients’ needs that in turn leads to customer satisfaction.
Ameda Australia manual breast pumps are indeed excellent tools in this current world where you must combine all the duties to meet your daily needs. Working-class mothers benefit the most from this kind of technology since they can provide breastmilk to their babies without necessarily being there. If you have an infant, you should make an effort to purchase one.