Bariatric patients are those with obesity and a body mass index that is greater than or equal to 30. They need robust patients’ beds that can support their heavyweight while they get the comfort they deserve. Bariatric beds are designed specifically for bariatric patients.
Tips on buying a bariatric bed
As you consider buying a bariatric bed for your patient, you have to get everything right or else the bed you purchase will be useless to the patient. Therefore, you should have the following at your fingertips as you are looking for a bariatric bed:
- The maximum weight it can support – You have to know the weight of your patient to find the right bariatric bed that can support their weight. If the bed has less carrying capacity than the weight of the patient, it will cause a lot of pressure on the beams and the adjustment springs which may cause the bed to break.
- The size of the bed – The size of the bed you purchase will be determined by the size and weight of the patient. Bariatric patients differ in sizes and weight and finding the right bed for a given patient is vital. The carrying capacity of the bed should be less than or equal to that of the patient’s weight.
- Check the safety measures – Bariatric patients’ beds need to have several security measures on them including side rails for protection from falling.
- Check if it is adjustable – The bed should have adjustment knobs that can allow the head section and bottom side to be raised or lowered. This helps the patient change their state of rest frequently and allow the smooth flow of blood in the body.
How can you find a bariatric market to buy?
You might need a bariatric patients’ bed but you have no idea where to start. You do not have to worry about that because there are several ways of finding the right company to purchase such an item. A right company is one that:
- Has a fair price – Raising the price of a bariatric bed too high does not mean that it is of higher quality than others, sometimes businesses raise prices just to exploit their consumers. Thus, you need to find a company that is transparent in its prices. This will help you to reduce the amount that you will spend on the bariatric bed.
- Has quality bariatric beds – The quality of a bariatric bed is very paramount to its lifespan. You should ensure that the bed is made of robust metals that can withstand extreme pressure from the patient.
- Is licensed – A company needs to display their license to create trust in its customers. Working with an unlicensed company can bring a lot of problems including getting substandard beds, unreasonable prices, unskilled staff, and many others. Stick to a licensed company for the best experience.
- Is well experienced – The experience of a certain company depends on the period they have been doing that job. For a better experience, find a company that has been manufacturing the beds for more than 10 years.
Bariatric patients beds are helpful to bariatric patients and are worth the money in every way. You can also purchase this bed to care for your patient at home.